Let's Do Something Big Together!
On November 29, we are celebrating Giving Tuesday: a day that encourages people to do good! The movement started in 2012 and has grown to a global level ever since. The goal of Giving Tuesday is to encourage people to donate to charities, and for employers to match their employees’ donations.
Our mission at Women In Identity is to drive the digital identity industry to build solutions with diverse teams to promote universal access which enables civic, social and economic empowerment around the world. In doing so, we aspire to support innovation and the growth of our sector by ensuring that Identity solutions are: built for everyone, by everyone #ForAllByAll.
Our WiD Ambassador Dia Banerji explains why identity matters to her:
As the world transitions to a digital economy, digital identity becomes of utmost importance. It is the gateway for everyone to access products & services, and it forms the very backbone of social & financial inclusion. At Women in Identity, we want to make sure that every individual is represented in digital identity solutions. We do this by influencing the identity industry and creating awareness of the importance of diversity. One such exciting initiative is our Code of Conduct project which is aimed at enhancing diversity in the workplace. We have interviewed people in the UK and Ghana to talk about #IdentityExclusion
Your donations will help WiD...
Keep our memberships free
Support local identity events in the community
Support women in the Identity Industry
Conduct research: market analysis, best practice and guidance
Thought Leadership: conference keynotes, blogs and media commentary
Collaboration: workshops, member meet-ups and participation at industry events
Ways to participate?
- Make a donation! Visit the Women in Identity GivingTuesday donation campaign, the campaign will be live Monday, 28 November. WID is also a registered charity on the Benevity Causes Portal. If your company uses this tool for employee donations please login and select Women in Identity as your charity of choice.
- Match donations! If you are planning to make a monetary donation to WID, and your organisation participates in donation matching, reach out to your network and offer to match any donations made to WiD up to your desired donation amount. This way the donation to WiD is tripled (your network + your donation + your company matching).
- Donate your volunteer hours to WID! If your organisation matches your volunteer hours with a monetary amount, please consider donating some of your hours to us! (Functionality available on Benevity).
- Express yourself! If you donate to WiD on Giving Tuesday, use our “I give because…” sticker and share it on your social media. Don't forget to tag us @womeninid so we can repost your stickers!
- Share our mission! Every Tuesday leading up to Giving Tuesday WID will share posts across our social channels. Please like and share with your networks with the hashtags #GivingTuesday, #GivingtoWID, #WomenInIdentity, #ForAllByAll. Add something about how you will be giving back in the coming days - with your time, voice, or $.
How to donate?
Step 2: Select an amount and complete the process to donate. (You’ll automatically receive a receipt via email!)
Step 3: Check if your organisation matches donations and your own internal process to submit.
Step 4: Send your donation receipt to your organisation.
Step 5: Your organisation matches your donation!
Step 6: You have got us one step closer to creating an egalitarian & inclusive world. Thank you.